Thursday, May 27, 2010

A New Way to Play

When I heard about the new expansion for Games Workshop's Warhammer 40k, I must admit I was intrigued. Heralded on the website as a new way to play, it supposedly features more tanks and signals the onset of many new vehicle sprues. What is most exciting to me is that it will be featured in the White Dwarf. I remember BFG and Dogs of War being released in the White Dwarf. More recently, the battle report featured a Catachan vs Ork mission akin to the new kill team scenario in the Battle Missions book which interested me greatly. I am hoping that this expansion gives a bit more substance to June's White Dwarf.

With the onset of the expansion, I did what I always like to do on a slow day. I took stock of my Warhammer 40k models. My main concern right now is to make swapable sponsons for my rhino/predators to give some support for my terminators. Well, really my main concern is to find some time to play warhammer more often than once a year. But the sponsons are important, too.

Even though I will be leaving in a week for two weeks on a trip that will keep me from my beloved warhammer modeling, Ill be devouring June 2010's White Dwarf and itching to either play Spearhead or bash it here on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. I like your article..
    Very interesting!

    come on! view my article too...

    ReplyDelete