Tuesday, June 9, 2009

You Learn Something Every Day

Something I learned about dipping. Even if you use the same can of varnish to dip your miniatures, you have to do them in batches. I did up two marines separately and they came out alright. However, the next batch of five came out dark....really dark. I think they are salvageable, but it is going to take some work.

Below are some picks of the ill-fated dip:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


These compare to the other dips in the following manner:
(in this picture from left to right: Dark (4th) dip, 2nd dip no dry-brushing, 3rd dip light silver dry-brushing, 1st dip heavy silver dry-brushing)

Photobucket
Photobucket

single shots of miniatures:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

In addition, my brother has taken back his rampagers, so my total force has changed. However, I managed to pick up an extra defiler, a rhino with forge world doors, and a really old land raider (vintage baby YEAH!)
Here are pics of the overall force (imagine a Stormlord in the corner with the Banblade since I still have to build it.) :

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment